Assistant Editor (Poland)
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI (https://www.mdpi.com/) has supported academic communities since 1996. Based in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. Our over 300 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals are supported by over 80,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is freely available and all content is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY).
Since 1996, MDPI has grown into a publishing house with more than 300 diverse open access journals, with further editorial offices in Beijing and Wuhan (China), Barcelona (Spain), Belgrade (Serbia), Manchester (UK) and Tokyo (JP) and freelance editors worldwide. In 2020 we opened an office in Poland for which we are looking for young graduates willing to stay connected to scientific research by helping researchers worldwide publish their latest results. This is also a great opportunity to start a first job in a dynamic multinational company which offers talented, enthusiastic and hard-working people interesting career development options.
You would start out as an Editorial Trainee, working in close collaboration with our Managing Editors, based in other countries, learning how to process papers properly from submission to publication. Once you have successfully completed your six-month traineeship you will be appointed as Assistant Editor. No previous editorial experience is required and you will be trained in this type of work.
You should share our passion for spreading the newly acquired knowledge of today’s scientific community and feel motivated to contribute to open access publishing.
Depending on your scientific background you will be assigned to work on journals related to your field. We are looking for Editors educated in all scientific fields.
- Support the editorial process for academic research journals in your domain of expertise
- Organize the peer-review process for submitted manuscripts and coordinate editorial decisions
- Handle email communication between the parties involved in the publication process
- Collaborate with other members of the editorial team and production team
· Master degree or PhD degree
· Advanced knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Strong English skills in written and spoken language
· Ability to multi-task, attention to detail
· Experience with scholarly publishing would be beneficial
· Poland residence permit
Questions and Application
Please send your application letter and CV by E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via our career page via: https://mdpipoland.teamtailor.com/jobs/970720-assistant-editor